Do you know an emerging or mid-career artist, scholar, and/or practitioner who is pushing boundaries in drama, theatre, and performance? Recognize this person for their achievements — submit a nomination to the Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies Push Forward Award!
Who is eligible?
- An emerging or mid-career professional (artist-scholar-practitioner) who demonstrates exceptional achievements and leadership in the fields of drama, theatre, and performance
- Previous winners of the award may not be nominated
Nominations are accepted between June 25 and August 13, 2018. The selection committee will review nominations immediately after online nominations close and will make its announcement on August 20, 2018.
Candidates should be recognized for:
- Innovative vision and leadership
- Notable professional achievements
- Pushing artistic and/or scholarly boundaries
- Meaningful community building
Submit a nomination
Please fill out the online nomination form here.
You are required to submit:
- Nominator information
- Nominee information
- A nomination letter — you may either submit the letter via the nomination form or submit a PDF by email
If you have any questions, please email Julie Phillips.
About the Push Forward Award
The Push Forward Award was established in 2016 to recognize and celebrate emerging and mid-career artists, scholars, and practitioners who have made significant contributions to the practice and scholarship of drama, theatre, and performance. Award recipients are honoured at the Push Forward Award ceremony held each fall. The inaugural recipient was Laura Nanni, an alumna of the undergraduate drama program, Artistic and Managing Director of the SummerWorks Performance Festival, Canada’s largest curated performance festival of theatre, dance, music, and live art.
2018 Push Forward Award
The 2018 Push Forward Award ceremony will take place on October 12, 2018; the location and time will be confirmed. Invitations will be sent out in late August.