The Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies is pleased to continue the CDTPS Alumni Performance Project. This project is an exciting and privileged platform to develop and present innovative theatre performance targeted at recent alumni who want to establish careers in the professional theatre world. Recent graduates (Drama Specialist, Major, MA or PhD) who graduated between June 2017 and June 2022 are eligible. This year’s Alumni Performance Project event is scheduled to take place during the spring of 2023 from April 28 to 30 and will be an in-person performance.
Beginning this September, U of T is planning to have most courses, student services and co-curricular activities take place in person. We will continue to follow public health guidance closely in order to protect the health and safety of all members of the University community. Due to possible restrictions, audience capacity may be limited.
What you need to do:
- Submit the application and proposal by Friday, September 30, 2022 (see below)
- Be a self-contained company with key artistic positions held by Drama Centre alumni. The Centre will allow access to our set, props, costumes, publicity, etc. as available
- Arrange for your own insurance coverage (we can provide details) if selected
- Arrange for your show’s performance rights (if applicable)
- Hold a talk back session for current students after one performance
- Attend progress meetings and have a post-mortem with members of the selection committee
- Arrange box office and front of house
- Strike all production elements following the run of the show
What you get if you are selected to participate in the in person live performance:
- Up to four performances between April 28 and 30th 2023.
- Rehearsal space in April as available
- Technical equipment available (specifics to be detailed)
- House Technician for loading in, tech, performance and strike
- Creative support and technical advice (meetings TBD)
- The box office revenue ($10 ticket price for CDTPS Community)
Space, tech support, and equipment will be organized in conjunction with Ariel Martin-Smith (Manger, Theatre Operations). Tara Maher (Communications & Events Officer) will be your contact for promotion.
Interview: You will be asked to attend an interview (tentatively mid-October).
Please note: As non-University of Toronto employees, the selected companies will be working at their own risk. If you are injured as a result of an accident, you will not be covered by the Workplace Safety Insurance Act (formerly the Worker’s Compensation Act) or the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The University of Toronto does not provide any health or accident insurance coverage for you and cannot assume any responsibility for injury to you or for loss or damage to your personal property while on University premises. The selected companies must make their own arrangements for liability insurance.
Please submit your Alumni Performance Project application and documents by 4pm on Sept 30, 2022.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact Ariel Martin-Smith at email@example.com.