The Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies is pleased to continue the CDTPS Alumni Performance Project. This project is an exciting and privileged platform to develop and present innovative theatre performance targeted at recent alumni who want to establish careers in the professional theatre world. Recent graduates (Drama Specialist, Major, MA or PhD) who graduated between June 2015 and this coming June 2020 are eligible.
What You Need To Do:
- Submit the application and proposal by Friday, April 10, 2020 (see below)
- Be a self-contained company with key artistic positions held by Drama Centre alumni. The Centre will allow access to our set, props, costumes, publicity, etc. as available
- Arrange for your own insurance coverage (we can provide details) if selected
- Arrange for your show’s performance rights (if applicable)
- Hold a talk back session for current students after one performance
- Attend progress meetings and have a post-mortem with members of the selection committee
- Arrange box office and front of house
- After the run, restore the theatre to its original condition by Monday, September 14, 2020
What You Get:
- A show that runs Thursday to Saturday night with a Sunday matinee: Sept. 10–13, 2020
- Rehearsal space in August and early September as available
- Technical equipment available (specifics to be detailed)
- House Technician for loading in, tech, performance and strike
- Creative support and technical advice (meetings TBD)
- The box office revenue ($10 ticket price for CDTPS Community)
Interview: You will be asked to attend an interview (tentatively April 16, 10am -12pm).
Please note: As non-University of Toronto employees, the selected company will be working at their own risk. If you are injured as a result of an accident, you will not be covered by the Workplace Safety Insurance Act (formerly the Worker’s Compensation Act) or the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The University of Toronto does not provide any health or accident insurance coverage for you and cannot assume any responsibility for injury to you or for loss or damage to your personal property while on University premises. The selected company must make their own arrangements for liability insurance.
Please submit your Alumni Performance Project application and documents by 4pm on April 10, 2020.
By Mail: Ariel Martin-Smith, Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies 214 College Street, 3rd Floor, University of Toronto
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Hand: Ariel Martin-Smith Toronto, ON M5T 2Z9 Room 326, 214 College Street
For further information, contact Ariel Martin-Smith at email@example.com | 416-975-7995.