October 17, 2022
Admission decisions are made during January to May, on an on-going basis; we encourage you to apply early. Applications will be open until April 14, 2023.
Applicants are considered under the School of Graduate Studies' General Regulations. Admissions are selective; possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee acceptance.
Applicants must also satisfy the Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies' additional admission requirements stated below:
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with standing equivalent to at least a University of Toronto B+ and with a significant concentration in theatre, drama, performance, and related disciplines.
Please visit the School of Gradaute Studies' English-Language Proficiency Testing page.
Deadline to apply: January 10, 2023 for specific funding opportunities
Deadline to apply: April 14, 2023 for regular graduate funding package
Please visit the School of Gradaute Studies' International & Exchange Students page.
Application Form & Fee
- Apply via the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions Application
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
- The application fee is CAN $125
Include the following on your School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions Application:
- Submit a resumé and covering letter outlining all activities pertinent to study at the Centre, in research, publication, teaching, and performing arts practice;
- Copies of all undergraduate transcripts are acceptable for the application, official transcripts are only required after an offer of admissions is received; and
- Two supporting letters of recommendation, preferably from undergraduate instructors familiar with the applicant’s academic work. Applicants are strongly urged to consult Understanding Your Funding and Financial Aid & Advising before applying.
Learn more about graduate studies at the University of Toronto on the School of Gradaute Studies website.
Application Status Check
Log into your Online Admissions Application to check your application status. Your application will be marked “Under Review” when it has gone to the Admission Committee for consideration.
Notification Of Admission Decisions
Decisions are made as soon as possible, rather than by a specific date. By the end of the current admissions cycle (typically in May) the outcomes of all applications should be communicated.
Possession of the minimum requirements of the Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies and the School of Graduate Studies does not guarantee admission. Candidates must be competitive among fellow applicants.
As a Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies master’s degree student, you have the option of applying to a collaborative MA program in one of the following areas of study:
- Asian Institute - Centres & Programs
- Collaborating Units - Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies
- Diaspora and Transnational Studies
- The Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI)
- Sexual Diversity Studies
- Women & Gender Studies
- More possibilities, to be discussed in person