Admission decisions are made during October to May, on an on-going basis; we encourage you to apply early. Application will be open until April 30.
Applicants are considered under the School of Graduate Studies' General Regulations. Admissions are selective; possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee acceptance.
Applicants must also satisfy the Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies' additional admission requirements stated below:
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with standing equivalent to at least a University of Toronto B+ and with a significant concentration in theatre, drama, performance, and related disciplines.
Please visit the School of Gradaute Studies' English-Language Proficiency Testing page.
Deadline to apply: December 3, 2018
Please visit the School of Gradaute Studies' International & Exchange Students page.
1) Application Form & Fee
- Apply via the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions Application
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
- The application fee is CAN $125
2) Supporting Documents
Include the following on your School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions Application:
- Submit a resumé and covering letter outlining all activities pertinent to study at the Centre, in research, publication, teaching, and performing arts practice;
- Copies of all undergraduate transcripts; and
- Two supporting letters of recommendation, preferably from undergraduate instructors familiar with the applicant’s academic work. Applicants are strongly urged to consult Understanding Your Funding and Financial Aid & Advising before applying.
Application Status Check
Log into your Online Admissions Application to check your application status. Your application will be marked “Under Review” when it has gone to the Admission Committee for consideration.
Notification Of Admission Decisions
Decisions are made as soon as possible, rather than by a specific date. By the end of the current admissions cycle (typically in May) the outcomes of all applications should be communicated.
Possession of the minimum requirements of the Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies and the School of Graduate Studies does not guarantee admission. Candidates must be competitive among fellow applicants.
As a Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies master’s degree student, you have the option of applying to a collaborative MA program in one of the following areas of study:
- Diaspora and Transnational Studies
- The Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI)
- Sexual Diversity Studies
- Women & Gender Studies
- More possibilities, to be discussed in person