DRM202H1 F Directing I is one of four entry courses into the Centre for Drama, Theatre & Performance Studies. An introduction to major concepts and artistic practices in directing for the theatre, emphasizing theoretical and historical issues with supplemental directing exercises. The course focuses on different styles, ideas, and goals of theatre directors in their relations to actors, audiences, and broad cultural and political contexts.
To be admitted into DRM202H1 Directing I, you are required to complete a letter or interest submission. Priority is given to students intending to major or specialize in Drama. Selection is also contingent on you receiving final admission to a degree program at the University of Toronto, St. George Campus, Humanities (TAH), and upon you accepting your offer of admission by the deadline stated on your offer of admission. Visit your Join UofT account for more details.
Up to 20 students
Round 1: March 10, 2019
Round 2: August 10, 2019
How to apply
- Register for a Drama Centre Student Profile in order to complete the online Application Form.
- Select DRM202H1 and upload a one-page letter of introduction outlining a bit about yourself as well as your interest in taking this course and being in the drama, theatre and performance studies program. Please also tell us one moment in the theatre that you will never forget.
- You will be assigned an interview time on April 10th (tentatively) or August for Round 2.
- If admitted into one of the above courses, first-year students must enroll in 1 FCE of the following co-requisite courses during the 2019/20 school year: DRM101Y1 or UNI102H1 & UNI106H1
- Selected students will be notified and enrolled in the program in July 2019
- Students can apply for multiple entry courses, but are only permitted to enroll in one if they are in first year.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Osborn.