Research thesis, emphasizing topics and methods used in drama, theatre and performance studies. Students must obtain permission from the instructor by attending an interview. The thesis will be a critical, written work and may have an interdisciplinary focus. The final presentation will be a public exhibition, and course work will include engaging with scholarship and best practices pertaining to exhibiting performance based and embodied research.
Not eligible for CR/NCR option. Restricted to students in the Drama Specialist or Major.
- Enrollment: 10 students
- Drama Majors and Specialists
- minimum of 70% in DRM220Y1
- 14 full credits
- Online Application (deadline March 20, 2023) to schedule an interview
- Interviews will be held on April 13th
- Exact interview times will be emailed to applicants after the proposal deadline.
- Please be prepared to discuss the specific research project that you want to pursue in this class.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance by email in late-May once all grades are entered.
- This Thesis course can count toward Group A or Group B.
- Drama Minors can apply and be considered pending they meet the pre-requisites and there is space in the course.