A continuation of DRM228H1, concentrating on the in-depth knowledge and practice of playwriting with an emphasis on style and technique of writing for the stage. Students develop their own work through written assignments, in-class exercises, and the final public presentation.
- A minimum of 70% in the following:
- DRM100Y1 or DRM101Y1 or UNI102Y1
- Apply Online by August 10, 2019
Round 1: March 10, 2019 (upload portfolio by April 10th)
Round 2: August 10, 2019 (apply and upload portfolio)
2019/20 Portfolio Guidelines
1. DRM328H1 F Applicants are required to submit two writing samples and a rationale to be assessed by the instructor, Djanet Sears. These samples must consist of:
- Excerpts and/or selections of writing for theatre or performance (3 to 5 pages each), demonstrating a range of voice, style, and/or structure.
- A sample of poetry, prose fiction or non-fiction (max 3 pages) can be substituted for the second sample of theatre or performance writing if this better expresses the students' writing interests.
2. Students must also include a rationale (max 2 pages) that:
- Briefly contextualizes the writing samples
- Describes student's theatre and/or writing experience
- Explains student's area of interest/research in terms of writing for theatre and performance - i.e. the kinds of ideas, models, situations, etc. they wish to explore.
- Outlines (briefly) an idea the student hopes to develop over the length of the course.
- Your portfolio should be uploaded as one Word or PDF attachment with the above 2 writing samples and rationale saved as ‘yourname_328submission’.
- At the top of your writing sample please state your name, student number, your e-mail and phone number
- Priority is given to students Majoring or Specializing in Drama.