Students are eligible to apply for an audition into DRM200Y1 Performance I for the 2021/22 term directly out of high school. In order to qualify for an audition, you must be either a University of Toronto student at the St. George campus or in the process of waiting for entrance to the St. George campus through the U of T Admissions and Awards Office. Acceptance into DRM200Y1 is pending acceptance into the University of Toronto, St. George Campus, Humanities (TAH).
DRM200Y1 is one of four entry courses into the Drama Centre. Emphasis is initially placed on ensemble, non-verbal, and improvisational work. Students proceed to exercise their acquired skills to scripted material.
- Enrollment: 30-32 students split into 2 sections
- Pre or Co-requisite: DRM101Y1 or DRM220Y1
- Pre-requisites: Audition, Interview and Acceptance into the University of Toronto, St. George campus.
Audition Information - Update to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
The first round of auditons are due on March 10, 2021. The application is now open.
The second round of auditions are due on August 10, 2021. The application will open in May.
How to apply - Applications for DRM200Y1 for 2021/22 first round auditions are now open.
- Register for a Drama Centre Student Profile in order to complete the online application form.
- Upload a photograph of yourself (The photo does not need be of professional headshot quality).
- Upload a 1-2 page letter of introduction outlining your interest in drama, theatre and performance studies by March 10, 2021.
- Please review the 2021/22 DRM200Y Audition Video Submission Guidelines.
- Upload your Audition Video to Dropbox by April 12, 2021 - see examples below
- By April 14, you will receive an email with your Zoom or in-person interview time.
- A 15-minute interview will be held remotely over Zoom at your set time mid April 2021 (dates & times TBA).
- Students who apply in March and are not selected are allowed to reapply for an August audition with a different monologue.
- First year students are responsible for enrolling themselves into DRM101Y1 on Acorn in July.
- Selected students will be notified in early May and enrolled into DRM200Y1 in August by the Drama Centre.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Osborn.
Examples of DRM200 video auditions (only submit one version):