An intermediate-level investigation of various aspects of theatrical production, including stage management, lighting, sound and video, with some exploration of how these elements relate to theatrical design concepts. Using skills developed through practical study in the Helen Gardiner Phelan Playhouse, the students form the core of the production team for Drama productions.
Prerequisites*: DRM100Y1/DRM101Y1/UNI102Y1; DRM254H1/DRM254Y1; Interview
Corequisites: DRM220Y1/DRM230Y1 or any course from Group A
*For the 2019/20 transitional year, students are eligible to apply for DRM355Y1 while taking DRM254H1 as a co-requisite in the F term. In order to qualify for an interview, you must have completed DRM101Y1 or 4.0 FCE.
- Enrollment: up to 10 students
- Pre-requisites: Interview; DRM100Y1/DRM101Y1/UNI102Y1 or 4.0 FCE
- Pre or Co-requisite: DRM254H1/DRM254Y1; DRM100Y1/DRM101Y1/UNI102Y1 OR DRM220Y1/DRM230Y1
Round 1: March 10, 2019 (interviews in April)
Round 2: August 10, 2019 (interviews in August)
How to Apply
- Register for a Drama Centre Student Profile in order to complete the online Application Form.
- Upload a photograph of yourself (The photo does not need be of professional headshot quality).
- Indicate your preference for an interview date (if applying to DRM254H1, both interviews will be combined into one meeting).
- Students are responsible for enrolling themselves into one of the following on Acorn in July: DRM101Y1/DRM100Y1 or DRM220Y1 or DRM230Y1 if DRM101Y has been completed.
- Selected students will be notified in May for the first round and August for the second round. Students will be enrolled in August by the Drama Program Administrative Coordinator.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Osborn.